Friday, November 13, 2009

Things happen for a reason!

"Before I left my bed in the morning, little Adele came running in to tell me that the great horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard had been struck by lightning in the night, and half of it split away."

I think that this part of the book is going to make Jane paranoid. This, for her, is going to make her think that her and Mr. Rochester aren't meant to be together, because the exact place where he proposed got struck by lighting, and the tree split. When I first read that I was like, "Uh oh!" I automatically thought that she was going to take that as an omen and tell Mr. Rochester that she doesn't want to marry him, because they will never be happy. In a way, I think this is true. There are just some people that will never be happy together no matter how hard they try. I've seen it in real life and in soap operas. Well I believe that if God really wants them to be together, then they will find a way and they will eventually be together. But EVERYTHING TAKES TIME! You can't rush things. There's a reason for everything like Mira Kirshenbaum says. If something bad happens, there's always a reason why it did. I think the tree split for a reason. But I think if Jane starts getting paranoid then that's stupid. She's just going to make mess everything up. If its meant to happen, its meant to happen. And if its not, its not.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think Jane has a good reason to be paranoid, or is she just over-sensitive? Can she overcome this?

    Who is Mira Kirshenbaum, and what does she have to say that relates to your analysis of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the title of your blog, it really relates to the excerpt that you have chosen from the book because everything does really happen for a reason and I’m pretty sure that everyone is a living witness to the realistical saying. Jane is going to be terrified that this as happened; she’s going to take this as a sign that her and Mr. Rochester should not be together and plus Jane also believes in supernatural things too, so that also plays a big role in her feelings. Jane just needs to relax because if Jane is really as religious as she is then she knows that the devil is busy and he wants to hold her back and not be successful, don’t you think?

    ReplyDelete