Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Broken heart

"The marriage cannot go on: I declare he existence of an impediment."(293)
-Mr. Mason

Jane I know that you are hurt from the events that has happened recently. I also know that Mr. Rochester's secret of already being married was a big shocker, and I can only imagine how you feel. Don't put yourself down; its not your fault, because Mr. Rochester should have been honest from the beginning. Even though you have forgiven him, will you be able to forget the way your first love lied to you, betrayed you, and almost made you commit bigamy? Most of all that would have ruined your reputation as a woman in the 1800 hundreds. As far as your feelings, I know that your going to have a hard time opening up to people and expressing your feeling for them in the future. You are a strong women, and you can make it through any hardship, but you just have to apply you past experiences to make up for new ones. Your outer shell may be broken, but soon you will find the right person to give your inner heart too.

This picture describes Jane as a person and her feeling, because she is a strong woman and she will eventually find the right person to give her heart too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erika,

    Your writing your post as a letter to Jane really resonated with me. I felt your empathy and compassion.

    Your accompanying image aligns so well with your writing! I'm wondering, where did you locate that perfect match for what you were saying?

    My very best wishes,
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,

    You have a great way of understanding what Jane is going through and the way you speak to her makes it seem real. I like the way you help her. At a point like this, she might be reclusive. And you help her from renouncing and closing the doors for other to come in. I really think that our stories are contiguous: I feel like we have been through similar situations (not exactly like that but where people have been deceitful). One lesson we can learn from this is that there will always knave but all we can do is eschew them.

    -Adolf

    ReplyDelete