Thursday, November 5, 2009

Don't rush things!

He says, “But I affirm that you are: so much depressed that a few more words would bring tears to your eyes--indeed, they are there now, shining and swimming; and a bead has slipped from the lash and fallen on to the flag. If I had time, and was not in mortal dread of some prating prig of a servant passing, I would know what all this means. Well, to-night I excuse you; but understand that so long as my visitors stay, I expect you to appear in the drawing-room every evening; it is my wish; don't neglect it. Now go, and send Sophie for Adele. Good-night, my--" He stopped, bit his lip, and abruptly left me” (183-184).

Dear Miss Eyre,
I am as confused as you are. Mr. Rochester is nice at some points, and the complete opposite at others. I think that he has a past that haunts him and I don't think you should jump into his life until he has resolved his problems, because then you are the one that is going to end up hurt. Just wait! You know he likes you because of the way he is towards you. If his accidental slip up of “Good-night, my--” doesn't open your eyes to that, then I don't know what to tell you. Let him come to you. Lead him on just a little bit to let him know you feel that same way he does. Just don't come out and say, “MR. ROCHESTER, I LOVE YOU!” That would be a little bit to much. Just let things fall into place. And just think about it this way you'll never know until you try. Mr. Rochester has given you many signs. Like for example, he always makes time to talk to you. It might be at the randomest moments, when he chased after you had left the party, and at the stabbing of Mr. Mason, but at least he's making that effort. And some people might say it's wrong to get in a relationship with your boss, but I don't think so. Everyone has a shot at love, and if it just happens to be their boss then that shouldn't be a reason to keep them apart. So as my advice to you, "Go for it!", but just don't rush into things.



2 comments:

  1. I think that people shouldn't rush things. However, there is another variable in this scenario. Blanche is now in the way of Jane's love. Love is risk. It may be better to wait a bit ,but Jane doesn't have much time. Do you think that when it comes to matters of the heart we should think a lot about what we are going to do? Shouldn't we just follow our heart and that alone should lead us to the right place? I think Jane needs to be more of a risk taker. Why shouldn't she rush it? What if her waiting becomes her greatest pain? If she waits, what is the guarantee that he will express his love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we wrote about the same thing, you expressed yourself in a different way. You told Jane to take her time with Mr. Rochester, while I told her to rush into it. You are right. She should take her time. She shouldn't rush into this, and he should settle his problems first. Since he behaves differently with Jane, explain some instances when he does this. Also give examples of his past. What kind of things did he do that will have the effect of haunting him now.

    ReplyDelete