Monday, November 23, 2009

To Go Pass the Sadness


“Sometimes in the afternoon I raised my head, and looking around and seeing the western sun gilding the sign of its decline on the wall, I asked, 'what am I doing to do' ” (302)

At this point of the novel, Jane has no idea what she has to do. Her marriage was interrupted by Mr. Mason. Mr. Mason said that Mr. Rochester could not get married to Jane because he is already married with someone else, a woman named Bertha Mason. She is traumatized by the event that just took place. And Mr. Rochester, the man she loves the most, is not the man she thought he was. Now she is locked in her room weeping and wondering what to do next.
I can't begin to explain the many situations where I had been in a deep sadness and wondered what I had to do in order to continue my life (I still don't know what causes this sadness). I found the challenge of starting life again a very difficult one. I didn't feel like doing anything that would cause me to take a risk in anyway. I didn't think that it was worth it. I would have rather stayed in bed and wish the whole thing would go away by itself. I lay in bed thinking of happy thing that had once brought amusement to my life. Most living in a day-dream. A lie. It didn't work; I found myself haunted ever more with a sadness that continued to eat me alive.
Then, out of longing to feel better, I finally arose. I knew in order to make the evil feelings got away I had to rid of them myself and it worked. Like what Jane did to Mr. Rochester. She go him out of her life so that she won't be sad anymore.
In an other blog by KAEH about what Jane should do and what would happen if she leaves or stays. Here is the link.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't think that running away from a problem helps, because it will always come back and hunt you. I'm the type of person who talks to people when I'm being hunted by a problem. Do you think that running away is the best option? Do you see the mistake that Jane has made by running away or taking an impulsive decision? Now, Jane has to live out in the street and has to pay the price for her impulsiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You describe depression quite eloquently -- and your perspective gives a better idea of what Jane is going through.

    Be sure to include a link and citation for the image you use.

    ReplyDelete