Friday, November 13, 2009

Reality

"As I rose and dressed, I thought over what had happened, and wondered if it were a dream. I could not be certain of the reality till I had seen Mr. Rochester again, and heard him renew his words of love and promise."(261)

Jane Eyre still can't believe what has happened between her and Mr. Rochester. Mr. Rochester has proposed to her. Since, she has never been in love before everything is new to her. She can't distinguish between reality and dreams. I think that to her love is a dream. Jane Eyre needs to understand that it was no dream. She has confessed her love to Mr. Rochester. Even though the chestnut tree split in half it doesn't mean things aren't meant to be. Signs like the chestnut tree shouldn't mean anything to her. As long as she is happy then everything else is good. I'm sure that Jane never thought this day would come or something like this would happen. I think she has dreamt of this day. Her dreams have finally come true.
Reality is real and dreams aren't. I think dreams are something that you might or might not want to happen in real life. Reality is something that just happens in real life. Dreams are something that you can control and reality is something you can't control. Sometimes you want your dreams to become reality.
In the picture below the flower repesents love which to Jane Eyre is a dream. The surrounding area is also a dream. So like the title says it's a dream within a dream.
A Dream within a Dream..
By: lil_miss_whit

3 comments:

  1. I think your right. But I also belive that things don't just happen. There's always a reason for it. And if the chestnut tree split in half, then it means something. I can't tell you exactly what that may be, but im 99.9% sure something is going to happen. And not good either. I just have a feeling, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting discussion of dreams and reality. Can we really control our dreams? When we think we are living a dream, what does that suggest? Will we wake up to reality at some point? Can we spend our lives living in a dream world?

    As for the tree, Angelica has a "feeling" partly because she's used to reading these signs in novels and in movies, I'd guess. Do we read these kinds of signs differently in books as opposed to real life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm not sure you've linked to the photo you describe. Let's work on this.

    ReplyDelete