Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wrong Person

“If he expects me to talk for the mere sake of talking and showing off, he will find he has addressed himself to the wrong person.” (135)

As I was reading this, it seemed to catch my attention because I was able to relate to this. Here Mr. Rochester is sitting down with Jane and he is asking her to talk about her life. I think that Jane is saying she won't talk just to talk. I think this because Mr. Rochester is asking her to talk. If he didn't ask her, then she wouldn't talk.
If someone were to ask me to talk just for the fun of it, I wouldn't talk. I wouldn't know what to say. If I do say something, I feel people would make fun of what I had to say. I feel that Jane feels the same way. This man she doesn't even know is trying to talk to her. She may feel uncomfortable talking to a stranger.

2 comments:

  1. I agree and disagree with what you say. You say that if someone asks you talk talk just to talk you would feel weird and, honestly, I would to. But, I think it would be a good thing to gain confidence and not worry too much about what people are going to say. You said that you don't like to talk much because your scared that people will laugh at what you say. So, tell me, exactly how do you expect to get your ideas out and heard by people? Or are you really satisfied without making any influence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that in most cases you don't want to talk to strangers because it's dangerous. But in your life you're going to come across many people that you don't know and are going to want to talk to you. They might be bored, they think they know you, or maybe they're just being friendly. So you have to take those risks sometimes. Another thing that you shouldn't worry about is about people making fun of you because of something you said. Just worry about your opinions and try to influence that on your classmates, friends, and family.

    ReplyDelete