Friday, October 30, 2009

Lesson Learned

The charm of adventure sweetens that sensation, the glow of pride warms it; but then the throb of fear disturbs it;and fear with me became predominant, when half an hour elapsed and I was still alone.

Jane is saying that even though she's excited about trying new things, she still doubts because she knows that she cant go back to her past. Fear strikes her heart when she thinks about the possible failure of her new journey, because she is concerned about what others will think. Not only that, but she will also have to make a long trip back to Lowood, where she would probably be shamed, dishonored, and abased because she will be known as a quitter and will not have used her lessons from Lowood wisely. Leaving Lowood was a big and brave difference in the schools traditional status. Most of the people who graduated from Lowood were expected to teach until they eventually got married and left.


When new journeys come my way, I start to get excited because I envision all the prosperities and lessons that I can gain from the experiences. New encouraging people and good life lessons are only few of many things that you can gain form taking on the risk of a new experience. Even though I may be excited, I also have fear of rejection and failure because I have certain standards set for myself. sometimes this feeling may be hard to bear because I have witnessed several tragedies where people have let fear control their lives. For examle, if I was to get denied to a college that I wanted to attend and I let that one failure stop me from achieving my gaols in life. i try to deal with this complex problem by always trying to keep a positive frame of mind. If you are negative, it will keep you from achieving your dreams and goals. when you think positive even when filure strikes, it won't be as hard to take risks because you're not going to let fear take control of your life.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have any experiences that might be like Jane's? Have you ever felt these things when you were underway on a journey and not quite there yet? Tell us!

    Be sure to use quotes and a page number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you thinking about some decisions you have made lately, such as coming to Chinquapin?

    ReplyDelete