Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Parental Love

One of the movies that has really impacted my life is Blood Diamond. This movie has made me realize that a father will always be willing to give his life to save his children. This movie taught me to value my parents because I know that no matter what they are always going to be looking for what is best for me. In the movie a desperate father whose son was taken away by rebel armies; is willing to give his life to save his son from the malignant people. The father careless about where he has to go to find his son; the only thing that the father knows is that no matter what he has to save his child. This has taught me that parents will always be willing to give their life in order for his child to be save. Many times we think our parents hate us, but just now that is not true. Parents just want to see their child succeed. There are cases in which many children tend to value money more than parents. Just know that money will never be able to buy you the happiness and protection that your parents can give you. Unless your parent was conditioned to not like children your parents will always be willing to hepl you succeed. In BRave New World we are able to see how parents are condition to not know what children of their own so they new develop love towards them. It will awesome to see that even parental love could be superior than conditioning but unfortunally if you do not know what love is than you can not give it.

4 comments:

  1. In Brave New World people don't have parents. They destroyed the idea of parents altogether by having decanting bottles.So by doing that people have no idea who's genes they came from and thus destroyed the ability of people loving their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Bryan. I believe parents will do some crazy stuff for their children. And they do it because they love us. I'm always getting mad at my parents for not letting me do anything but that's because they don't want anything bad to happen to me. They always tell me, " Just wait til you have kids. You're going to be the same way." I say I'm not but I probably am. And Otilio I know there aren't any parents, except for Linda, but I think he was trying to say that because the "parents" never get to meet their children they don't feel the love that our parents have for us. But they don't know what love is so it is never express.( excluding Linda and John's relationship).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decision is stuck between agreeing and disagreeing, because even though we have this concept conditioned in our minds that parents only try to protect the children, that’s not always the case. Yes I admit, most of the time parents only want what’s best for their child, but their are some parents out there that could care less. I’ve seen parents’ sabotage their child for the benefit of themselves. Do you think these really care about their children or are they trying to express their love in a different way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you add a link to the movie?

    ReplyDelete