Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lovely Bones

Lovely Bones changed my mind frame about the world and the people who live in it. It reassured me of the dangers that await me once I leave the comfort of my home. People pretend to be something their not to lure young prey into their domains. My mother always taught me to be alert and pay attention to my surroundings and the people in it, but over the course of years I let that moral slip in between my fingers.

The movie is about a vivacious, friendly, young girl who has been raped and killed by an older man. Lovely Bones was very touching and it brought me to tears, because I saw similar characteristics in the victim that related to me. On a daily basis I'm very friendly and seem to talk to almost anyone I meet, but I never really think about what could happen as a result. There are so many dangerous people out there and it took a movie to actually open my eyes of the real world and the things that go on. Child molesters, kidnappers, and rapist are my biggest fears at this point. Now I'm always looking around to check my surrounds and staying alert. I feel some strangers that treat you the nicest and offer you things might just be the ones that try to manipulate you and hurt you badly. I hate that things like this happen; it makes me feel unsafe in my own environment, but with the advocacy and assistance of my mother's knowledge I'm sure I’ll be just fine.

I noticed that when Lenina and John went to the feelies it had a similar affect on him that changed his mind frame. Naturally, John doesn't believe in having sex just for fun; john felt that he should get married first. This just goes to show how media affects how we feel about certain things. It can also make you second-guess yourself about your moral beliefs. Although John thought differently for a moment, he is a great example of what people should do; he didn't display the actions from what he thought about the feelies. This only applies and relates when negative media influences you. Do you think good media can be harmful to a certain extent?



Don't let negative television influence you.



http://i.huffpost.com/gen/80500/thumbs/s-FUZZY-TV-large.jpg


1 comment:

  1. How do you make a connection between your reaction to this movie (The Lovely Bones) and the novel?

    ReplyDelete