Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Immigration and its Faults

Immigration is a big deal in the United States. We are trying to make things work out for everyone but in every situation there has to be someone that ends up unhappy. The Senate Bill 1070 passed in Arizona has challenged illegals without even knowing where they come from or what their goals are in this country. There are people who aren't illegal but are still hurt from this law because of their family members. I understand where the pro-SB10170 people are coming from because illegals are the ones that bring drugs to America, but if the natives from our country keep wanting illegal drugs than they are going to find a way to get them. Although I'm not an immigrant but the most hard-working, stay out of trouble people I know are illegals and it's unjust for them to be worried for their sons and daughters if they are sent back to Mexico.

There is a music video in Spanish that describes the point of view of immigrants and of a child who sees her parents hancuffed. This video is called "Estoy Enamorado" by Wisin y Yandel(if you can watch the video click on the hyperlink). Without paying attention to the song of this video you're perspective on immigration should change through the child's suffering. I was affected by this video because it made me reflect on my life and if that was to happen to me I don't know what I would do. My life would change drastically because I would have to start relying on myself as an adolescent.


1 comment:

  1. What connections can you make with how this video affected your thinking and how media works to influence others in BNW?

    ReplyDelete