Thursday, December 3, 2009

Love prevails

"Is it Jane? What is it? This is her shape--this is her size--"
"And this her voice," I added. "She is all here: her heart,too. God bless you,sir! I am glad to be so near you again."
"Jane Eyre--Jane Eyre," was all he said.
"My dear master," I answered. "I am Jane Eyre: I have found you out-- I am come back to you."(441)

In the end love truly did conquer all. Though it was not an easy choice Jane made: it truly was for the best. Jane had to suffer more to become stronger. If she hadn't gone through all the pain she wouldn't be Jane. Her upbringing forced her to leave Thornfield. How could she become a mistress? And her leaving Thornfield forced her to become homeless and in the end find her family. Though she traveled on the harder road she became a stronger person.
This plot reminds me of a poem I read before called The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. In his poem there are two roads. One whose grass is beautiful and the other whose road was dark. And he chose the road less taken and that truly made all the difference. He had to take the harder road to become a better person.
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

This same thing happened to Jane. She had two paths before her and she chose the harder one, which in the end helped her gain the self-confidence, independence, and strength she needed. She left; she suffered; and in the end she won.
She won much more then just herself, she gained everything.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this blog because it coincides with my blog. We are both discussing the same idea that if it is true love it will prevail. I think before the love of Jane and Edward could grow they needed to be away from each other, so that they could have some time to acually think about everything that has been escalating in their relationship. How do you think others feel about this situatiion? Do you think Jane really left Thornfield Hall to start a new life or do you think it was just an act to teach Mr. Rochester a lesson. Do you think when Jane left she intended to come back after leaving for a certain amount of time? These are the questions that I asked myself, now I would like to get other peoples ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Jane left without wanting to come back. However, because books are sometimes predictable I pretty much guessed she would come back. However, I'm also a bit of an optimist and thought that fate would put love back together. At the same time I'm not one to let it all rest in fate's hands. If I want something I go and get it. Miracles don't happen to often in life and instead of letting the miracle come to me I'm going to find it. And I doubt Jane left to teach Mr.Rochester a lesson. I doubt that she is that vindictive to leave purposely.

    ReplyDelete