Sunday, December 6, 2009

Don't Listen to Them


Jane has to put up with a lot of when she was a child at Gateshead. She was constantly being abused, both verbal and physical. She takes it for as long as see can till she want to go to school, a place where she can be away from people who don't like her and a place where she doesn't has to her what her Aunt call her a liar. Then the same thing happens at Lowood school. Mr. Brocklehurst publicly humiliates her by address to the entire student body that she is a liar and makes her stand on a stood for most of the day. She still think that she is a wicked person until Helen Burns gives her the best advice she could give Jane. Helen said, "Hush, Jane! you think too much of the love of human beings...” (70).
The most important thing that I have learned while reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë is to not let anyone or anything make you feel inferior by what people say. If people ever push you around, do everything thing you can to make make the abuse stop. Don't listen to what they have to say if you know it is false. It doesn't matter what other people say as long as you know what is true about yourself and what is not. I still think too much about what other people say about me.
I am trying really hard to ignore what they are saying but I just can't. If someone says something really harsh to me I am going to take it person and most likely cry a few minutes later. Sometimes I just wish I always had headphones on to block out the noise. But I don't want to be like this anymore. I want to change. I want to able to to take an insult and say, “I don't care what you think”.

Photo by _ES

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed reading your blog; although, maybe you should revise your blogs; I think it may be easy to misinterpret things you have written.
    I'm glad that you have learned a very important lesson from this, but achieving this feat- that of ignoring negative comments about yourself- may not be an easy task.
    How do you know when something people are saying to you is false? Jane truly believed that she was a wicked person at one point, but that was because negative people had influenced that thought onto her.
    There is also a fine line between constructive criticism and a catty insult. Could part of the problem just be to learn how to take things the right way?

    ReplyDelete