Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who am I?

Well at first it is difficult to relate to any of the three characters. Helmholtz is a bit too smart for his own good. He excels at his jobs with ease, he gets all the girls he could ever wish for, and he is tall and handsome. I know I am good and all, but this guy is just a little too much. I wouldn't be able to relate with this guy. The second character, Bernard Marx is very intellectual as well, but he is not a hot piece like Helmholtz. Bernard is the short guy who stands out in society, and as you know it, short people are known to be ugly in Brave New World. This sparks him to think about the society in which he lives in, he starts to question why he is different."Yes, a little too able; they were right. A mental excess had produced in Helmholtz Watson effects very similar to those which, in Bernard Marx, were the result of the physical defect." I think i could somehow relate Bernard but I'm not really physically deformed. The last character, Lenina is someone who wants to try different things. Things like limiting her sex life with just one male, and in the Brave New World this is considered to be wrong. She should be open with sex with everyone, she is suppose to be like everyone else. I think I can relate with Lenina the most. Reasons such as, me not being like the people that surround me. I feel like my thoughts are always negative and I can be very lazy sometimes. I know some people say that being lazy is just an excuse, but I feel like thats who I am. I know that I'm suppose to be like everyone else, positive in mind and always energetic, some what like Lenina has to be the same as all the other girls, sexually active with everyone. Overall I feel like I'm more of a "Lenina type" of character.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I like how you weigh your connections with each of the characters and come to associate with Lenina's character most. In a sense, they are all outsiders, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete