Thursday, September 16, 2010

Caring Really Hurts

"Bernard's pale faced flushed."What on earth for?" she wondered, astonished, but at the same time touched by this strange tribute to her power."

I think I am a Bernard Marx. Bernard knows what he wants but he has his doubts about getting it. He is a little different then the others in the way that he is shorter then the regular Alpha Plus. But he is still an Alpha Plus, which is the highest category of human. Since Bernard doesn't get girls like his friend Helmholtz Watson, he spends a lot of the time thinking. Thinking about what he wants and he can't have, about how he's different and not good enough for girls or just things in general, and well he just doubts all of his abilities. He is a very intelligent man but he justs thinks too much. And sometimes you just need to do things without thinking. Like for example, over the summer I went to Florida with my family and my cousin Alexsandra. We were at the beach watching people parasailing and I've always wanted to do that. But I didn't say anything. And my cousin was like gets go. And I'm a little bit afraid of heights but I'm the kind of person that is terrified of something but will do it anyway. So she was like begging for us to go and I just said fine. I didn't think it through because I knew if I did I would make myself chicken out of doing it. So I just said yes and went. It turned out to be an amazing experience. Sometimes you just have to do things. Don't think too much, just do it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Why do you think you think too much sometimes and have a hard time letting go of what you think you have been denied? This is a good insight into Bernard.

    ReplyDelete